14 June 2010

the good. the bad. the ugly.

the good - all moles and masses are benign. must see the dermatologist every 6 months due to "atypical" results. must have mammogram every 6 months due to calcifications that need to be monitored. good grief.

the bad - tumor and tissue in right boob must come out. it's rare, fast growing and could become malignant if left alone. I'll have surgery next month. the radiologist explained to me that a biopsy alone cannot reveal everything and they are not always correct. good grief.

the ugly - my boob. still all yellow and bruised and I had yet another "growth" removed on the right side after seeing the dermatologist for a follow-up (she wanted more testing done after hearing about the biopsy.) I've been poked and prodded far too many times for my liking. I HATE surgery and I HATE packing to move (for the 6th time.) aside from beautiful ginny, life is pretty ugly right now.

2 comments:

lastchanceivf said...

Oh man. That truly sucks. I'm so sorry you have to have surgery and have more poking and prodding. I'm glad it is something that sounds manageable--although I know it's not what you wanted to hear.

And what is this about moving? Still staying in the city I hope...

Thinking of you and wishing things would be easier.

Sue said...

I'm sorry for all the hard things you're going through right now. I hope things get better soon.