10 December 2008

ginny's first photo




















exactly one year ago today I had my less than stellar ET. it was a pretty terrible day to be honest. going in I felt defeated. in my heart I was convinced it was yet another failed cycle. only 4 eggs (total) retrieved. 3 embies after ICSI. 3 embies transferred -- 5, 8, and 10 cell. AND another car accident. talk about adding insult to injury.

as I look back at this photo I wonder which one is ginny. I think about the other two. sisters? brothers? one of each? I have to admit, it makes me a little sad.

but look at what this tiny cluster of cells has turned into. the love of my life. I will forever and ever be grateful to my hero (dr d) at cornell. he didn't "fire me" like that other clinic. he gave me a tiny bit of hope that "it" could possibly work. the end result is looking at me right now with chubby cheeks and a giant, drooly smile. beautiful.

4 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

Happy 1 Yr

DAVs said...

What a beautiful first photo! I'm so glad you posted it...while your embryos ARE beautiful, they are not necessarily the "picture perfect" ones I see when researching embryos (this isn't meant to be rude, and and I SO HOPE it isn't taken that way!!) And frankly, they look very similar to mine. And yours turned into Ginny! So it does give me hope, and hope right now is a good thing.
I love those chubby cheeks!

nickoletta100 said...

YAY!!! What a wonderful year!

Rachel Inbar said...

I love it :-)