28 March 2008

18w! holy crap!

the title says it all.

today will be a nice and lighthearted post (for a change.) I got a very sweet email from a friend who is SUPER thrilled that I'm pregnant. I'm always so touched by people's reactions to our news. I guess after 4 attempts at IVF, word gets around and our IF challenges become public knowledge. you can only hide for so long.

she went on to tell me that her young son had asked her where babies come from. she panicked and then immediately thought of me and a handful of other women that she knows. her response --

"through IVF, of course."

she's off the hook -- if only temporarily.

4 comments:

lub said...

Ha! funny story! Congrats on 18 weeks! I have always thought that it would be easier to explain how I got pregnant vs. the natural way.

AwkwardMoments said...

Happy 18w!

Anonymous said...

OMG I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy! I used to check your blog a lot but hadn't in a while and just saw on the Nest that you were 18 weeks pg! I also have high FSH, so you've given me a lot of hope! Best of luck to you!
Nicole (nicolita14w from the nest)

Aunt Becky said...

18 WEEKS! HOLY CRAP!

Hooray!