07 August 2008

36w6d update

effacement? nope. dilated? so sorry. strep b? negative (a little good news.) weight gain? 2 lbs. thanks a bundle ice cream sandwiches.

the midwife said "something is starting to happen." all the cramping, BH contractions and pelvic floor pains mean that my body is getting ready. he figures that if I go into labor next week, little one will weigh about 6 1/2 lbs. if we wait another week we are looking at a 7 1/2 lb baby. with b's rather large head (must be filled with all sorts of medical knowledge) I'm hoping for an early, non-induced delivery. we all know the head is the hardest part. so speed it up little one!

on another note, I had a major meltdown this morning. a fellow "nestie" shaina (R, IRL) is having her cesarean birth today. twins! it is just so shocking to me. we pretty much cycled together at cornell -- she too experienced multiple failed IVFs. we both lost our mothers to cancer. we both got our bfps around the same time. we both survived the drama of a subchorionic hemorrhage. I just cannot believe that today she is giving birth. TODAY! this hard to fathom concept of motherhood is finally becoming a reality. my tears this morning were of joy. hardcore hormonal tears for a friend (and a few for me, I suspect) who has been through so much and really beat the odds. her mom should be with her now. no doubt she is in spirit.

"good luck R!"

4 comments:

DAVs said...

Sorry blogger is being so annoying with the comment moderation...

That is a great story about your "IVF twin." 'Tis a strong bond we form with our fellow IVFers, and seeing them become moms is truly joyous. And hey--you're next!

Rebecca said...

I keep saying that "no news is good news." You're doing great and congrats to your friend...it'll be you next!

Aunt Becky said...

It will end. I promise. Just use that as a mantra. You will not be this pregnant forever. Soon, you'll be holding your baby.

nickoletta100 said...

Hang in there, you will be holding a little one in your arms very soon!