19 January 2008

8w1d

little one's first visit to the ob went well yesterday. my, how much we've grown! we all liked dr f quite a bit, however, I was a little disappointed in the "low tech" feel of the office. I am keeping my appointment at big high risk clinic scheduled a week from monday. I have a feeling we'll stick with dr f. there is something so nice, and yet so unfamiliar, about personal attention. I could get used to that.

little one (or upsidedown gummy bear) is measuring right on target. 8w! I accused dr f of eavesdropping in on our conversation about how far along I was. he assured me he was not listening outside the exam room door. the measurements were accurate and true. we also got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. how cool is THAT! I recall a heartbeat of 171 bpm. b recalls 178 bpm. in order to keep straight, I think we need a third party (maybe a stenographer) to accompany us to all future appointments.

unfortunately, also visible on the u/s was some more blood. dr f warned me that I may have yet another bleeding episode in my future. this scares the crap out of me. it is still unclear as to why I was bleeding in the first place. yikes. another mystery in the world of obstetrics I guess. he also upped my PIO to 1 cc again. I was looking forward to fewer injections but I like the idea of the extra hormonal support. but man, my ass hurts!

today will be a VERY quiet day. if I have the energy later on I may head out to la perla for some new underwear. I am clearly busting out of my 34 a/b bras. (I'm joking - about la perla - not the busting out. we're talking more target style or better yet, kohl's.) I woke up with a terrible sore throat and I cannot stop sneezing. "thanks b!" he hasn't been well these last few days and now I'm afraid it's a family affair. it's cold out and I feel crappy. but at least I have this beautiful picture to make me smile.

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Your baby looks perfect! I'm so happy for you! I got so jealous when I read about La Perla, but then you came back to real life like the rest of us at Target and Kohl's...thank God! Have a nice relaxing weekend!

Caba said...

So happy to hear that everything is going well. I know it feels odd to go to an OB and feel just like a normal pregnant lady! Let's hope you have a very boring 7 months of pregnancy ahead of you!

Joy said...

OMG! OMG!!
I'm so excited for you!

Fabulous!!!

AwkwardMoments said...

Look at that Beautiful Baby! Good luck bra shopping . I Finally broke down and did that myself. I was in denial and kept cramming them in the too-tight bra

Portia P said...

I'm so excited for you!

You're my poster girl for why it's worth keeping going!

Good luck with the bra shopping and hope your cold isn't too awful. xx

Portia P said...

Me again.

I'd love to know which clinic you were at and what other stuff you did to get in shape for your last cycle.

I'd love it if you could mail me at desperatetomultiply@googlemail.com to let me know.

Thanks so much!

Aunt Becky said...

What a gorgeous baby!

nickoletta100 said...

What an adorable little gummi bear!!! YAY for hearing the heartbeat too! I am going to have to put in my vote for a girl with a hb that high!