07 May 2008

playing hooky and lovin' it!

we couldn't help ourselves. the weather was absofrigginlutely spectacular. b was post call and NOT exhausted for a change (even though he only slept 1.5 hours the night before.)

I shut down my mac -- so sorry, the office is CLOSED! we took miss lulu to the beach. we sat outside at a cafe and had lunch in the sun. we went to ikea and struck gold! the changing table and wardrobe we wanted were listed as out of stock. but guess what? they were very much IN stock! got the furniture home and then off to the movies we went. brilliant! I think these pieces will look pretty groovy with the crib (which is en route btw.) so clean and simple AND affordable. we like that!

4 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

very nice - I wish our ikea wasn't 170 miles away.
Sounds like you guys had a great day

Joy said...

Argh! I'm jealous of your Ikea!

My hubby is the economic development director just outside St. Louis and he's been courting Ikea but so far, the nearest one is Chicago- a 4 1/2 hour drive.

Everything looks great. Cant' wait to see what you put together.

And congrats on actually getting to spend a day with your hubby!

Hillary said...

I am so JEALOUS! Of the hooky day, the weather, the outdoor lunch and the killer IKEA finds! Well done.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it all put together!