16 August 2009

she's at it again

my MIL. it's all too familiar. it's p&b's 2006 wedding all over again however this time it's slightly different -- it's ginny's birthday party. her mission? ask every asian in the tri-state area to come to my tiny home and expect to be catered to with full-blown festivities and a giant meal.

it' 10:15 pm friday. b's phone rings. eeeek! it must be hospital.

"yes, this is b."

blah blah blah blah BLAH.

"oh... hi... I just recently moved back to nyc. yes, I'm married. my wife's name is p and we have a daughter virginia."

blah blah blah blah BLAH.

"I see. so we're cousins?"

blah blah blah blah FRIGGIN' BLAH!

"so there will be 5 - 7 of you coming to the party?"

b never even knew this cousin existed! his mother invited him (and god knows who else) to come to our little gathering of friends to celebrate our miracle baby's very first birthday. everyone coming knows how hard we struggled for ginny. everyone coming was so supportive during the trials of my pregnancy. everyone coming has special meaning to me, to ginny, to us. everyone...
until now.

the circus officially begins. this shit sends me into crazy person mode. can you hear me screaming my head off?!

7 comments:

diana k said...

This would be unbelievable if it was a first time occurrence but this seems to be pretty much the norm from her. It's the lack of respect that gets me- I'm getting mad and she's not even my MiL. You should NOT feel the least bit bad about being pissed because it's passive aggressive abusive.

KandiB said...

that's crazy! I can't believe the cousin would actually call you and "invite" herself! That takes a lot of gall, too. Do they at least bring good presents?

Eb said...

Yikes! maybe you could have a pre-party party?

Christa said...

Wow.....just wow.

Aunt Becky said...

Dude. I'm annoyed on your behalf.

nickoletta100 said...

OMG! Can't you tell her NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Anonymous said...

Have you tried having B give her a very stern talking to and explaining this is not acceptable? Seriously, where does this woman find the nerve??